The Aleppo Codex
We have obtained a copy of the Aleppo Codex. The Aleppo Codex is the earliest known Hebrew manuscript comprising the full text of the Bible. It is also the most authorative, accurate and sacred source document both for Biblical text and for its vocalization and the Massorah.
The Codex was copied by the scribe Shlomo Ben Buza'a over 1000 years ago. The text was verified, vocalized, and provided with the Massorah by Aaron Bar-Asher. It was probably the manuscript used Maimonides when he set down the exact rules for writing the scrolls of the Torah.
The Codex was written in the early 10th century, looted and transferred to Egypt at the end of the 11th century and deposited with the Aleppo Community at the end of the 14th century. It now resides in the Shrine of the Book with the Dead Sea Scrolls in Jerusalem.